Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. This policy helps you to make informed decisions about your relationship with us, so please read it carefully. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions, applies when you use our website manimaltales.com (the “Website”) or visit a site that uses our advertising technology. We’ve set it out to be as easy to understand as possible.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the party responsible for processing your data (the data controller) is Sue Donhym Content of 500 Westover Dr #13210, Sanford, NC 27330.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through the Contact Us section of the website.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we collect about you and your device
- Information we collect about you via advertising
- Information we receive about you from other sources
- Information about your location
1. Information you choose to give us. You may give information to us when filling in forms on our Website or a third party’s website or by corresponding with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, place an order on our Website, provide us with details for a specific product, register for our newsletter, enter a promotion, survey or competition, report an issue on our Website or contribute to any discussions on social media integrations on our Website. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender, appearance and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
2. Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
a. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
b. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we collect about you via advertising. From time to time, we may place ads on third party sites (such as Facebook). When you view or otherwise interact with our ads, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymized IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our advertisements.
4. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. Location Information. We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third party payment processors.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you do not provide suitable delivery instructions to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through;
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Technical and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
1. apply for our products or services;
2. create an account on our website or utilize the live chat function on our website;
3. subscribe to our service or publications;
4. request marketing to be sent to you;
5. make a telephone call to us and leave a message or request a call back;
6. enter a competition, promotion or survey;
7. react to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages); or
8. give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
1. Profile Data, Usage Data, Marketing and Communication Data, and Aggregated Data from the following parties;
a. analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
b. advertising networks;
c. search information providers;
d. third party providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
e. from publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. to allow us to provide you with our books and related products;
2. to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
3. to conduct competitions and promotions;
4. to contact you about products and services you have requested;
5. to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
6. to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
7. to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
8. to ensure the Website is safe and secure;
9. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
10. to allow us to remind you about our products or services on particular dates you have provided us with.
11. to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
12. to contact you by post, email, online push notifications and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification)
The communications we send to you fall into two categories:
(i) Messages which provide you with information about offers, new products and other items that we think may interest you or customers generally. You will only receive these emails if you actively sign up to our newsletter and then confirm that subscription via an opt in confirmation. You can always unsubscribe from such communications.
(ii) Emails that we send concerning activity on your account ("Service Messages"), specifically
a) To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
b) To remind you of product creations that you have abandoned
c) Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with us
d) Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we reasonably can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences concerning Service Messages to take effect.
We may also use data held about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection
MARKETING & OPTING OUT
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent.
However, if you receive a service from us, we will still need to send occasion service-related messages.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. If you personally want to update the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, you can do this in the “My Account” section of our Site.
You have the option to unsubscribe from online push notifications through disallowing notifications in your browser.
We collect, use, disclose, retain and dispose of your personal data in a proper manner, for authorized purposes and take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
We transfer, process and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries. Information collected within the EU may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EU, where you may have fewer legal rights in relation to your information. We may also subcontract processing to, or share your information with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. Your information may also be processed by staff operating outside your home country who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, and the provision of support services. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where:
- the territory is recognized as offering adequate standards of protection;
- the third party is based in the United States and has signed up to the Safe Harbor Scheme; or
- we have put in place adequate safeguards, including the implementation of standard contractual provisions which are approved as providing adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy.
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfill the purpose outlined in this policy.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under GDPR in relation to your personal data. You have the right to;
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios;
a. if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
b. where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
c. where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
d. you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
8. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting us through the Contact Us section of our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties for our financial gain. We do disclose your information to website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
If your browser is configured to accept them, we may collect non-personally identifiable information passively using "cookies" and "page tags". This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website.
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
"Page tags," also known as web beacons or gif tags, are a web technology used to help track website or email usage information, such as how many times a specific page or email has been viewed. Page tags are invisible to you, and any portion of the Help Scout Service, including advertisements, or e-mail sent on our behalf, may contain page tags.
You do not have to accept cookies to use our Website. If you reject cookies, certain features or resources of our Website may not work properly or at all and you may have a degraded experience.
Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally.
To find out more and to learn how to control cookies on your computer, please visit this helpful website.
The cookies we use fall into the following categories.
Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Functionality cookies - These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of currency or language).
Analytical cookies - These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data collected is not intended to personally identify individual users. Anonymous or at most pseudonymous data is collected.
Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Website and services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also use these cookies when we place ads on third party sites (such as Facebook). This allows us to understand the number of times our ad has been viewed, whether you visited our Website after viewing our ad and the links that you followed to get there.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.